- prime mover, low loader dolly and low loader combinations, road trains
- B – DOUBLE OR ROAD TRAIN vehicles include prime mover, low loader dolly and low loader combinations, road trains
YOU CAN PRACTICE THE COMBINATION VEHICLE DRIVERS KNOWLEDGE TEST – Click Here
This course can be conducted in a B – Double vehicle supplied by the applicant.
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from either a HR or HC class licence. If you are upgrading from a HR licence you will need to complete all HC assessments which are part of the HR – MC course before you undertake the MC assessments.
Participants develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a Multi Combination Licence with a Constant Mesh (road ranger) or automatic transmission, through competency based assessment (CBA) with experienced trainers accredited by the RMS.
REQUIREMENTS of the RMS
- Participants must either hold a current HR licence and have held that licence for a minimum of twelve months, or
- Participants must hold a current HC licence.
- Be proficient in the use of a manual transmission.
- Participants must have completed the MC knowledge test and obtained a CBA learner logbook and guide book.
- Participants must pass a medical examination.
- The CBA guide book must have been read before starting the course.
- Applicants holding a class HR licence are required to pass a class HC licence assessment before undertaking MC training.
- A person who holds a provisional P1 or P2 licence is not eligible for a MC licence.
You Can Download the HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVERS HANDBOOK here
You Can Download the HC AND MC TEST QUESTIONS PDF here
You can Practice the MULTI COMBINATION Knowledge Test here
- Reversing Exercise
- Fuel Efficiency
- Defensive Driving
- Use of Controls
- General Vehicle Control
- Vehicle positioning
- Turning and Handling
- Driving Test
This is a NSW RMS approved licence course. Drivers will be trained and assessed against the RMS competency standards by our RMS accredited assessors. After the required standard of competency has been achieved the RMS will issue the appropriate licence.
HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE ME ?
- 1 Day – Recommended for drivers within the transport industry who have an acceptable knowledge of operating heavy combination vehicles
Most trainees will complete the training in approximately 8 hours, depending on prior experience and skills and how well the trainee applies the set requirements.
How much will it cost me?
- Prices start from $1800 (includes training and assessment – conditions apply
- A 50% booking fee is required upon booking. Balance to be paid before commencement of course
- Unless alternate arrangements have been made
- RMS Licence upgrade fees are not included.
- Many trainees complete their training and assessment in the time allocated. Any extra time will be charged at the rate of $125 per hour.
- “Prices are subject to change” without notice.
- Eftpos – Mastercard, Visa
- Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit)
- Account Details: BSB 062 504 Account 10698626
- Cash by arrangement
JACS CANCELLATION POLICY
All booking fees are non refundable if cancellation has not been received 4 days before commencement of course date.