HR – HEAVY RIGID LICENCE
- Rigid Vehicles but please note Articulated Buses are treated as rigid vehicles.
- Number Of Axles: 3 or more.
- GVM: Greater than 8 tonnes. Any towed trailer must not weigh greater than 9 tonnes GVM.
This course can be conducted in a rigid vehicle supplied by the applicant. Pictured above is a successful applicant .
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from a, LR or MR class licence. Participants develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a Heavy Rigid Licence with a Constant Mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission, through competency based assessment (CBA) with experienced trainers accredited by the RMS.
REQUIREMENTS of the RMS
- Participants must hold a current , LR or MR licence and have held that licence for a minimum of twelve months.
- Be proficient in the use of a manual transmission.
- Participants must have completed the HEAVY RIGID Knowledge Test and obtained a CBA learner logbook and guide book.
- The CBA guide book must have been read before starting the course.
- A person who holds a provisional P1 licence is not eligible for a HR licence.
You Can Download the HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVER HANDBOOK here
You Can Download the PDF Questions for LR MR, and HR here
Provisional P2 licence holders (who also hold a Class LR, MR or HR heavy vehicle licence) will remain a provisional licence holder until they have held the P2 licence for a minimum of 2 years and pass a Driver Qualification Test. There is no variation to this rule and an unrestricted licence will not be issued until the applicant complies with the requirements of the Graduated Licensing Scheme.
CONTENT of Course
- Road laws
- Pre-drive checks
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Demonstration drive
- City & Highway driving
- Load Security
- CBA Assessment
- Cabin Check
- Defensive driving
- Turning & handling
- Vehicle positioning
- Fuel efficiency
- System of Vehicle Control
This is a NSW RMS approved licence course. Drivers will be trained and assessed against the RMS competency standards by our RMS accredited assessors. After the required standard of competency has been achieved the RMS will issue the appropriate licence.
How long will this take me?
- 1 Day – Recommended for drivers with knowledge of the constant mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission
- 2 Days + – Recommended for drivers with NO knowledge of the constant mesh (Road Ranger) transmission
The competency based assessment runs for a minimum of 5 hours for automatic and synchromesh gearbox and 6 hours for constant mesh (Road Ranger) gearbox as per RMS requirements.
Most trainees will complete the training in approximately 8 – 16 hours, depending on prior experience & how well the trainee applies the set requirements.
What will it Cost me?
- Prices start at $1400 (includes training and assessment terms and conditions apply
- Time will be based on experience and the persons ability to learn and absorb the information being delivered
- A 50% booking fee is required upon booking. Balance to be paid before commencement of course
- Unless alternate arrangements have been made.
- RMS Licence upgrade fees are not included.
- Many trainees complete their training and assessment in the time allocated. Any extra time will be charged at the rate of $125 per hour.
- “Prices are subject to change” without notice.
- Eftpos – Mastercard, Visa
- Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit)
- Account Details: BSB 062 504 Account 10698626
- Cash payment by arrangement
JACS CANCELLATION POLICY
All booking fees are non refundable if cancellation has not been received 4 days before commencement of course date.
2 Day Course – No refunds will be given if day 2 attendance is missed. A new booking and payment will be required to complete the course.