HC – HEAVY COMBINATION LICENCE
- ARTICULATED VEHICLE OR HEAVY RIGID VEHICLE TRAILER COMBINATION
- INCLUDING UNLADEN DOLLY
- NUMBER OF AXLES 3 or MORE
- GVM – Any towed trailer with a GVM of more than 9 tonnes.
Designed for drivers who wish to upgrade from either a MR or HR class licence. Participants develop the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to obtain a Heavy Combination Licence with a Constant Mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission, through competency based assessment (CBA) with experienced trainers accredited by the RMS.
REQUIREMENTS of the RMS
- Participants must hold a current MR or HR licence and have held that licence for a minimum of twelve months.
- Be proficient in the use of a manual transmission.
- Participants must have completed the HEAVY COMBINATION KNOWLEDGE TEST and obtained a CBA learner logbook and guide book.
- The CBA guide book must have been read before starting the course.
- A person who holds a provisional P1 or P2 licence is not eligible for a HC licence.
You Can Download the HEAVY VEHICLE DRIVERS HANDBOOK here
You Can Download the HC and MC TEST QUESTIONS PDF here
- Road laws
- Pre-drive checks
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Demonstration drive
- City & Highway driving
- Load Security
- CBA Assessment
- Cabin Check
- Defensive driving
- Turning & handling
- Vehicle positioning
- Fuel efficiency
- System of Vehicle Control
Pictured above is a successful and happy applicant 🙂
This is a NSW RMS approved licence course. Drivers will be trained and assessed against the RMS competency standards by our RMS accredited assessors. After the required standard of competency has been achieved the RMS will issue the appropriate licence.
How Long Will This Take
- 1 Day – Recommended for drivers with knowledge of the constant mesh (Road Ranger) or automatic transmission
- 2 Days – Recommended for drivers with NO knowledge of the constant mesh (Road Ranger) transmission – Training times are determined by the experience of the learner and the ability to grasp and understand the concepts being explained
The competency based assessment runs for a minimum of 6 hours as per RMS requirements.
Most trainees will complete the training in approximately 8 – 16 hours, depending on prior experience and how well the trainee applies the set requirements.
How Much Will It Cost Me ?
- Prices start from $1600 (includes training and assessment – terms and conditions apply
- A 50% booking fee is required upon booking. Balance to be paid before commencement of course
- Unless alternate arrangements have been made.
- RMS Licence upgrade fees are not included.
- Many trainees complete their training and assessment in the time allocated. Any extra time will be charged at the rate of $125 per hour.
- “Prices are subject to change” without notice.
- Eftpos – Mastercard, Visa
- Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit)
- Account Details: BSB 062 504 Account 10698626
- Cash by arrangement
JACS CANCELLATION POLICY
All booking fees are non refundable if cancellation has not been received 4 days before commencement of course date.
2 Day Course – No refunds will be given if day 2 attendance is missed. A new booking and payment will be required to complete the course.